Homestead Starter Kit
(SOLD. Taking backup offers)
16 acres+/- homestead in Hilham, TN (Overton County) right next to Standing Stone State Forest and Park, near the Cumberland river with Cabin.
Simplify your life. Do you really need that 3000sf home that requires all that cleaning and maintenance? Time to exit that crazy life and go back to where you belong. Song Birds. Deer. Turkeys. Hummingbirds. Fresh air. Silence. Nature.
Raise chickens and cows and maybe some goats. Grow your food.
Original Video of Land from 2011
We upgraded our homestead to 137 acres and are selling our first place. The soil is great. We had a greenhouse and planted huge gardens. We had hogs, laying chickens, meat birds in chicken tractors, beef cows and 2 milk cows. One of the stalls in the barn is set up for milking.
Right outside 8000 acres of State forest and Standing Stone State Park. In the hills. Great hunting.
Cumberland River (bass, catfish, crappie), Roaring River (kayaking), Obey River (trout) nearby.
Dale Hollow Lake 20 minutes
No Building codes/permits required by Overton county.
No restrictions or HHAs.
- Tile walk-in shower (bathroom renovation in progress)
- Brand new laminate flooring
- propane stove
- New Propane HW heater
- Washer-Dryer (propane) nook
- Hidden Safe room
- 500gal propane tank
- Glass-front wood stove
- Year round spring/creek with water pump to house and pressure tank
- Brand new water softener system
- Brand new 1000gal septic system (enough for 3 bedroom home)
- On-grid Electric (was off-grid solar and can be switched back –we removed all solar equipment)
- City water available at paved road
- 8×8 solar building/utility building/garden shed on hill
- 2 Chicken brooders
- 10×12 storage/utility building behind house
- Big 40×30 barn, 4 stalls on one side, long shed on other side of open hallway.
- 16 acres cross-fenced into 5 paddocks. Mostly Pasture and some woods (Plenty for firewood.)
- Orchard (3 years old) with peaches, apples, plum, pear, cherry trees
- Indian arrowheads everywhere! Old Napping site.
- LOW Property taxes. Under $80/yr past few years.
13 Minutes to Livingston TN (town with Hospital), 30 minutes to Cookeville (College town with everything + jobs). 90 min to Nashville. 1hr 45min to Chattanooga. 1hr 45min to Knoxville.
$114,900 (no owner financing)Acadooghostwriter.com